Home » FAQ » Cross Border Trading
Cross Border Trading


What is e-Cross Border Trading (eCBT)?

e-Cross Border Trading is an online cross border trading platform provided by Affin Hwang Capital which allow aclient to place foreign share order directly via online.

What does Affin Hwang Capital Cross Border Trading (CBT) facility offers?

This facility offers the flexibility to trade in 18 countries and 21 exchanges. The major stock exchanges include:

  • Singapore (SGX)
  • Hong Kong (HKEx)
  • United States (NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ)
  • Thailand (SET)
  • Indonesia (IDX)
  • United Kingdom (LSE)
  • Japan (TSE)
  • Australia (ASX)
  • Korea (KRX)
  • China (SSE, SZSE)
  • Canada (TSX)
  • Philippines (PSE)
  • Sri Lanka (CSE)
  • Europe (France-Euronext Paris, Portugal-Euronext Lisbon, Netherlands-Euronext Amsterdam, Belgium-Euronext Brussels
  • Germany (FWB)
Who is eligible to apply this e-Cross Border Trading facility?

All clients of Affin Hwang Capital are eligible to apply for this facility.

What do I need to trade Cross Border Trading?
  • A trading account with Affin Hwang Capital
  • An online trading account with Affin Hwang Capital
  • Access to our online trading portal @ trade.affinhwang.com
If I an existing online trading account holder, do I need to open another account to perform Cross Border Trading?

No, you do not need to. You can link to your existing online trading account to Cross Border Trading facility by signing the Online Cross Border Trading Application Form & W-8BEN Form

How do I apply for an e-Cross Border Trading account?

If you are an existing online trading client:-

If you are a non-existing online trading client:-


Alternatively you may also obtain the application forms from any branch offices nearer to you.


What is the minimum requirement to acces foreign trades online?

All you need is an internet enanbled PC or notebook or higher CPU with:

  • Intel Pentium IV (1Ghz) or higher
  • 1GB RAM or more
  • Windows XP/ Windows Vista/ Windows 7
  • Internet Explorer 6 or above (Other browsers are not recommended)
  • Internet Explorer Settings (Turn off pop-up blockers)
  • Installed with JAVA Runtime Environment (Version 6 update 20 recommended)
What are the trading hours of Foreign Stock Exchanges?


 Countries  Exchanges  Trading Hours (Malaysia Time)
 Singapore  SGX  9:00am - 5:00pm
 Hong Kong  HKEx  Morning Session: 9:00am - 12:00pm
 Afternoon Session: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
 United state of America  NYSE
 10:30pm - 5:00am
 Thailand  SET  Morning Session: 11:00am - 1:30pm
 Afternoon Session: 3:30pm - 5:30pm
 Indonesia  IDX  Monday - Thursday
 Morning Session: 10:00am - 1:00pm
 Afternoon Session: 2:30pm - 5:00pm


 Morning Session: 10:00am - 12:00pm
 Afternoon Session: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
 United Kingdom  LSE  4:00pm - 12:30am
 Japan  TSE  Morning Session: 8:00am - 10:30am
 Afternoon Session: 11:30am - 2:00pm
 Australia  ASX  8:00am - 2:00pm
 Korea  KRX  8:00am - 2:00pm
 China  SSE
 Morning Session: 9:30am - 11:30am
 Afternoon Session: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
 Canada  TSX  10:30pm - 5:00am
 Philippines  PSE  Morning Session: 9:30am - 12:00pm
 Afternoon Session: 1:30pm - 3:17pm
 Sri Lanka  CSE  12:00pm - 5:00pm
 France  Euronext Paris  4:00pm - 12:30am
 Portugal  Euronext Lisbon  4:00pm - 12:30am
 Netherlands  Euronext Amsterdam  4:00pm - 12:30am
 Belgium  Euronext Brussels  4:00pm - 12:30am
 Germany  FWB  4:00pm - 3:00am


What is the Multi Currency Settlement Facility?

Affin Hwang Capital provides Multi Currency Settlement facility that enables cross border foreign shares trades to be settled in the underlying foreign currrencies.

a. Foreign Currencies Available For the Settlement of Cross Border Trades
 Country/ Foreign Stock Exchanges  Settlement Currency
 Singapore  SGD
 Hong Kong  HKD
 United States of America  USD
 United Kingdom  GBP
 Australia  AUD
 Japan  YEN
 Canada  CAD

b. Contract Note, Trade Settlement in Foreign Currency & Foreign Currency Trust Account

Contract Note:
Client who opted for trade settlement in foreign currency, the contract note for all cross border trades purchase and sales contracts will then be generated and quoted in the selected foreign currency.

Settlement in Foreign Currency:
The settlement of the cross border trades contracts will be made in the selected foreign currency. The settlement foreign currency cannot be changed once the trade contract note has been booked out and generated.


Sales Proceed:
All sales proceed will be automatically credited ino the foreign curency Trust Account on settlement date. No foreign currency sales cheque will be issued.


What are the brokerage charges to trade foreign shares?

The brokerage charges for Cross Border Trading are the same as per order keyed in by our Remisier/ Dealer Representatives which is as follows:

Brokerage = Foreigh Trade Brokerage + CBT Charges
CBT Charges for Share Value < RM100K is 0.6.% or min RM40
CBT Charges for Share Value > RM100K is 0.6.% or min RM40


How do I perform my foreign shares settlement?

Clients are able to choose the settlement currency either in the traded currency or Ringgit Malaysia (RM). If the traded currency is chosen, our Bank has the right to debit your Ringgit Trust Account in Ringgit Malaysia (RM) equivalent in the event of insufficient funds in your traded currency Trust Account

What if I forgot my "password"?

Step 1: Click on "Forgot Password"
Step 2: Enter "Your Answer" to your "Security Question"

What if I forgot my "Security Question"?

Step 1: Click on "Reset Password"
Step 2: Enter "User ID"
Step 3: Enter "First Company Password"
Step 4: Enter "Second Company Password"

Do I need to pay a maintenance fee for my foreign trading?

Currently, Cross Border Trading offered to all at no cost basis. However, we reserve the right to impose any charges with prior notice to you.

Can I perform contra for my foreign stock positions?

Yes, but it is prior Affin Hwang Capital approval and laws & regulations of the relevant foreign exchange.

Will I be informed on relevant corporate exercise?

The Bank or you Dealer Representative will advise you on the corporate exercise before the due date either by an email or you could contact the Bank. It is therefore important, to provide the Bank with a valid and updated email address or contact number.

How do I receive my dividends?

Dividends will be credited into your trust account.

If I have other enquiries regarding foreign stock trading, who should I contact?

Kindly contact our Customer Service at 603-2143 1113 (during office hours from 9am - 5pm) or email to support@affinhwang.com