Home » FAQ » Account Opening
Account Opening
How can I subscribe to the online trading services?

The easiest way is to apply on-line. Please visit our web site at www.affinhwang.com for further information and you may also visit our offices where our Customer Service Representatives will be happy to assist you. You may call our Customer Service Representatives(CSR) at 603-21431113 or alternatively visit our customer service counter at our office located at:

Ground Floor, Chulan Tower
No.3 Jalan Conlay
50450 Kuala Lumpur

or branches with addresses detailed in our web site.

What is the minimum age to open a trading account?

18 years old

How do I trade online?

Please download the online trading form and completely fill up the form for using Affin Hwang Capital Trade.

Must I open a trading account with Affin Hwang Capital?

YES! The online trading services are linked to your trading account with Affin Hwang Capital. Click here for Online Application Form Part (PDF).

Will there be any charges for using the online services or the research materials?

No, it is absolutely free of charge and you will get FREE REAL TIME QUOTES. All you have to do is to take few minutes to register and open a trading account with us!

What type of trading account can I open?

Currently, trading via the Internet is only available to individuals. Normally, the type of account associated with online trading is the Securitised Trading Account. For more information, you may contact our Customer Service at 603-21431113.

I am already a customer of Affin Hwang Capital. Do I need a new account?

No. You do not need a new account but you will need to register with us via online. The online facilities will be linked to your account and you will be required to key in your preferred PIN.

Are there any charges to open a trading account?

There are no charges to open a trading account. A fee of RM10.00 is however charged by Bursa Central Depository for the opening of a CDS account.

I have an account with another stockbroking firm; can I register a new account with Affin Hwang?

Yes, you can.

Will I be assigned a new dealer's representatives for the online services?

For new client, you will be assigned a licensed dealer representative if you have no preference. For existing Affin Hwang Capital clients, you will continue to be serviced by your present licensed dealer representative or remisier if you wish.

What's the difference between a trading account and a CDS account?

A trading account is an account that you open with a securities firm such as Affin Hwang Capital so that you can trade in securities (ie. shares, bonds, debentures etc). A CDS account, which keeps a record of your shares (scrip bank).

If I am using the online trading service, can I still trade through my dealer's representative via telephone?

Yes, the online channel acts as an additional means of accessing to your account and trading. You may still opt to buy shares through your dealer's representative and sell through the online channel and vice versa.

I am a foreign citizen; can I use the online trading service?

Yes, you will need to open a trading account with us, and a CDS account with Bursa Central Depository Sdn Bhd. Additionally, you will need to comply with the foreign exchange rules and regulation stipulated by the central bank, Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM). www.bnm.gov.my

Do I need to be present in person for the processing of the application?

You may arrange for an appointment with our CSRs to sign the following documents in the presence of your dealer's representative/ CSR:

  • Individual Trading Account Application form (for new client only).
  • CDS Account Application form + Specimen Signature card (for new client only).
  • Client Online Agreement.
However, if you are unable to be present in our office or your dealer's representative, you will need a Notary Public to witness your signature on the above mentioned documents before you send the documents to us.
Can I start trading immediately after submitting my online application and the required documents?

You can only begin trading after your account has been approved by Affin Hwang Capital and after depositing the required collateral deposit into your Trust Account.

Will my deposit earn interest?

Yes, at prevailing market rates.

Do I need to furnish a valid email address?

A valid email address is essential as any future correspondence will be communicated via this specified email address i.e. your User ID, stock alert, forgot password and other relevant notices and announcements.